Social media today is for more than just personal anecdotes and an instantaneous opportunity to share your iPhone photos — it is also a powerful tool for your growing business. But it takes time to curate your brand online, and consistent posting is key to maintaining and growing your audience (and, in turn, clients).
Here are a few tips for starting your brand’s social media, while ensuring it doesn’t become unmanageable alongside all of your other tasks as a business owner and entrepreneur:
You don’t need to be on every social media channel. Instead, focus on a platform, or a few platforms, where you will experience the most impact for your business. Do some research into different social media platforms, and find out which ones appeal to your clientele or are used frequently in your field — and start there!
Even if you have assumptions about what social media your clients are using, double check with the statistics available online. You might be surprised by your findings!
Consider Your Capacity
If you are just starting your business, you might not have the capacity to regularly update several social media platforms, on top of everything else that comes with running a business. Especially if you don’t have dedicated staff to social media, communications, or marketing, stick to a number of platforms that are manageable for you (if that’s one platform, that’s totally okay!).
Mastering One, Not All
The important thing is to post frequently and engage with your audience consistently. So dedicated your time to mastering one or two platforms you are comfortable monitoring and posting to regularly.
To start, create a content calendar and posting schedule that is realistic for you to stick to.
Create Captivating Content
Use social media to engage and inform your audience. Think about what is valuable to them, and what information they are likely to want to know more about. That isn’t limited to the products you sell; think about the field you are in and the questions customers might generally have about that area. What topics interest them?
A good rule of thumb is the 80/20 rule. Think about making 80% of your content educational, entertaining or problem-solving for your audience. The remaining 20% can be outright marketing or promotion.
Use strong, captivating images to support the information/product/etc. you are trying to showcase in the post.And, just as importantly, use strong, brand-aligned language to not only make the message of your post enticing, but solidify your brand voice.
This is where Always Brave Creative can help! Our team has a wealth of experience helping businesses find their brand voice, translating that into their own language for various platforms, and even helping create strong visuals to strengthen their message — and make their social media shine.
Get in touch with our team today if you are looking to strengthen your social media, and let’s share your story.
~ written by Lucy Fox